Friday, September 12, 2008

If I Knew...

If I knew it would be the last time
that I see you walk out the door,
I would give you a hug and kiss
And call you back for one more...

If I knew it would be the last time
I could spare an extra minute
to stop and say 'I love you',
Instead of assuming you would KNOW I do...

...just in case...
...today is all I get,
I'd like to say how much I love you
And I hope we never forget.

Tomorrow is not promised to anyone
Young or old alike,
And today may be the last chance
You get to hold your loved one tight.

So if you're waiting for tomorrow,
why not do it today?
For if tomorrow never comes,
You'll surely regret the day.

That you didn't take that extra time
for a smile, a hug, or a kiss,
And you were too busy to grant someone,
What turned out to be their one last wish.

So hold your loved ones close today,
and whisper in their ear,
Tell them how much you love them
And that you'll always hold them dear.

Take time to say
'I'm sorry', 'Please forgive me', 'Thank you' or 'It's ok',
And if tomorrow never comes,
You'll have no regrets about today.

(In memory of 9/11 victims; Source: Sacred Space, Times of India)

Yesterday, I came across these lines and it made me think twice about the dear ones with whom I have not talked to in a long time. I have hurt quite a few people who once used to be very good friends. One such friend is still naraaz with me. A misunderstanding occurred between us. She thinks I should not have done what I did. And then she didn't reply when I tried to contact her. And this made me feel bad. So I decided never to call her back. Din't even reply to her when she wished me on my b'day. I just want to let her know - if she is reading this - that what I did, was in pure innocence. I had no inkling that it could hurt you. If I KNEW..you won't like what I did, I would not have done so. And I am really sorry if it hurt your feelings. I just wish you all the happiness in the world. And hope to talk to you again.

7 comments:

Rahul Bajpai said...

Dear Krishna,

Welcome back to the world of blogging.

The expression is beautiful.

TC
R

Me said...

Kudos! Coz it takes ample of guts to accept one's mistake :)

I am sure ur friend will forget you...

Its true, all of us do the same at one or the other moment in our lives...We tend to cut off from ppl we think do not understand us and we never make an effort to clear that misunderstanding.

Good u did that... :)

Krishna said...

@ Off the Cuff - Thanks buddy!

@Harshita - "I am sure ur friend will forget u..."

Did u literally mean that..or was it just a typo? I hope my friend doesn't forget me..She can of course forget my faults, though. :))

vemuri said...

hmmmm touched!!!

workhard said...

You are so right.. sometimes we regret not saying or appreciating the person .. and sometimes its too late..

Web hosting indi

Krishna said...

@Workhard - Yeah..good friends are rare and they should be valued always. saying sorry really works. :))

Btw, do you work hard or hardly work? ;)

workhard said...

Yup Yup.. i hardly work ;)

that is only to mislead ppl :)