Thursday, September 11, 2008

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9…..9wa mahina

A few days back, while I was moving out of my room, a little hurried, I slipped on the stairs of third floor in my apartment and landed right in front of our neighbouring aunty, who was coming upstairs. She immediately came running forward, trying to pick me up and gave what she is best at giving, advice, of course: “Beta, aaj kal zara sambhal ke chalaa karo.”
Me: “Thank u, aunty. Per aaj kal hi kyon…aaj kal kuch special hai kya”
Aunty: Arre September ka mahina hai na..9wa mahina hai..isliye…giving a sheepish smile.
Me: After a minute of scratching my head on what she meant. Ooeee…maa!! Ji ..main khayal rakhungi..oops!! i mean rakhunga..munne ko kahin chhot na lag jaye ;)

And this is not all…a few days back a friend SMSed me:
Jara sambhal ke chalna,
Jyada bhari cheez nahi uthana,
Apna khayal rakhna,
Khana thik se khana,
Kyunki 9 wa mahina chalu huva hai na..
:)

And yesterday, while I was chatting with a friend from Delhi, this is how the chat went on…
1:07 PM shruti: hi Krishna
hru?
1:08 PM me: hi shruti!
am fine. :)
how abt u?
shruti: i am good too
1:09 PM so where are u these days?
me: here in mumbai
shruti: how long have u been there now?
:D
1:11 PM me: 9wa mahina chal raha hai..
;)
shruti: hahaha
so when are u delivering ;)
1:12 PM i mean when is the due date?
for the final delivery??
1:14 PM me: bas kabhi bhi..
shruti: arre wah...
do share the outcome with me..whenever it happens
1:15 PM me: yeah...yeah..khushkhabri zaldi hi sunne ko milegi

So here I am. It’s been 9 months since my postal address changed. If not exactly a roller coster ride, these nine months - living independently in a city as strange and surreal as Bombay, for a guy who has never been away from his family all through his life - have been adventurous enough.

Living with a roommate, I have learnt the importance of compatibility between two people if they plan to live together for life. Compromising on a few things, ignoring things you dislike about your partner, listening to all his bakwaas, and giving him a shoulder to cry on when a girl - jis per uska dil aaya tha - tells him that she thought of him merely as a caring brother. And then I think what will happen when I marry? Am I going to get someone who thinks on the same wavelength as I do, who will be as caring as I am, who will be smart, determined, understanding, good-humoured, and mature enough to handle life’s difficulties when things are not going our way? After all, I have to live with that person all my life. And it would be difficult for us to live happily, if our thinking doesn’t match. I mean, I am not asking for a perfect match, but someone who, even with all her imperfections, is good enough to make me exclaim sometimes “You are perfect for me. If God gave me a wish, I would wish you all my life.”
And that is why I think a mix of Shahana Goswami’s character, Debbie and Prachi Desai’s character, Saakshi in Rock On would be perfect for me.

Btw, I recently saw Rock On and loved every bit of it. If you haven’t yet seen it. Just do it!! Nike style :)) The best thing about the movie is that it ends on a feel-good note and leaves me humming “Hai ye waqt ka ishaara, har lamha pukara..yun hi dekhta hai kya tu, zindagi milegi na dubaara…Rock On!!”
Btw, I am yet to find a reason why the movie’s title contains two exclamation marks. If you know, do tell me.

Before logging off…just wanna say to all my blogger friends “Ye tumhari meri baatein hamesha yun hi chalti rahein..ye hamari mulaakatein hamesha yun hi chalti rahein…beete yun hi apne saare din raat…baaton se nikalti rahe nai baat…phir wahi baatein leke blog koi hum likhein..”
:))

5 comments:

Sneha Shrivastava said...

Rock ON!!
Sneha's Diary !!!
or kuch nahi mera idea copy kiya hai.he he,copyright key dar sey ek mark kum legaya hai.:)
welcome back to bloggervile.

Me said...

The last few lines come from my favourite song...and as always I loved the post...

Congratulations for 9'wa mahinaa chal raha hain... :)

I know all of us have similar apprehensions abt sharing our lives with someone...Even I wonder what if the frequency does not match, or if the other person is not a dreamer like me...and many more things...

But then, jo bhi hoga dekha jaayega... :)

Krishna said...

@Sneha - Ailaaa...ye toh bahot badi hera pheri hai..Mr Farhan bach ke rehna, Sneha is coming to sue u. :))

@Harshita - Yeah..that's right..jo bhi hoga dekha jayega, abhi se kyon tension lene ka..sitaaron ke aage jahaan aur bhi hain, aur abhi ishq ke imtehaan aur bhi hain :)

workhard said...

Hey.. that was well written. i totally agree with u on sharing roomates part.. the frequencies should match at least to some extent.. hey any one who u meet.. u gotta learn to comprimise..

Web hosting indi

Krishna said...

@Workhard - thanks! woh din ko raat kahein hum raat kahenge.. haan compromises to karne hi padenge.. :)